Green Home Improvement & Home DIY Ideas
We understand that currently, you are probably dreaming about the perfect home improvement product for your home. Although we are likely joining you in wishing that things go back to normality soon – there is currently a lot of time available to carry out those tasks that have been put off and carry out some home improvement & DIY in your home.
We have created this blog post to give you some home improvement ideas and DIY ideas for current areas in your home or ways in which you can build or design exciting new areas. There are some great and exciting projects that you can consider which can truly change the look and feel of your home. We’ve compiled ideas for all abilities which will help those who are looking to start DIY to those who have carried out a variety of home improvement projects.
If you are looking to install extensive home improvements, why not take a look at our wonderful range of home improvement products. Did you know that we are also committed to becoming South Wales’ greenest home improvement company? We recycle all materials where possible and have an extensive range of products that feature recycled materials. Get in touch today for more information.
1. Beginner – Use Seeds to Create Plants Around Your Home!
There are a huge array of plants that you can take the seeds or cuttings after eating or used for cooking that you can regrow with only a few selected remains! This is perfect for those who are looking to cut down on plastic use from the supermarket. We’ve noted our top vegetables that you can regrow but there’s a huge range that you can choose from!
- Spring Onions are one of the easiest vegetables to regrow. All that you need to do is take a cutting about 1 inch from the roots and put into a glass of water. Prop up the onion with cocktail sticks if the stem keeps falling over and you can regrow an entire onion back again, simple. Make sure to keep your spring onions in sunlight so a windowsill is great!
- You are also able to grow normal onions also although you will need soil to regrow an onion. Simply bury the bulbs in soil and keep watering and you will be able to regrow your onion.
- A lot of herbs can be regrown and basil is a perfect herb to regrow and use for your cooking. Place some stems that are around 2 to 3 inches and place them upright into a glass of water. When the routes start spouting you can then transfer the herb into a pot of soil which will allow them to finalise growing.
2. Intermediate – Make Some Changes to Your Conservatory
Your conservatory is a wonderful space in your home that is extremely versatile. There are a number of DIY changes that you can carry out in your conservatory to complete transform your conservatory space. One of the main advantages of a conservatory space is that it’s highly versatile – allowing you to reimagine your conservatory space by installing some furniture or by adding features such as a pool table or table tennis table. You can even use your conservatory space as a utility room for your white goods.
Why not take a look at our wonderful range of conservatories? Our conservatories are highly energy-efficient and thermally efficient being perfectly suited for your home and can save you money on energy bills whilst increasing the overall value of your property.
3. Advanced – Build Some Furniture
There are a variety of materials that you can use to build your own furniture. For a less advanced task – why not reupholster your favourite chair? All it needs is a bit of new fabric and you are able to carry out a reupholstery. For those who want to get stuck into a completely new and challenging project – you can use materials such as wood or other materials to build your own brand new furniture. If this seems like a daunting task then you can team up and build some fantastic flatpack furniture which can be fun for all the family. Using recycled materials or materials such as wood are a bonus as this allows you to repurpose these materials and ensures that they do not go to waste.
Have you been carrying out a spot of DIY recently? Got an idea that didn’t make our list or something that you want to try? Let us know in the comments or let us know on our Facebook Page!
Alexander works for Capital UPVC and specialises in marketing & market-trend analysis.